Monday, October 15, 2007

No War for Me :(

Starting last Thursday, I took a 4 day holiday to Chicago with my wife and another couple. I prepared for everything Eve related, I thought... Long skills set for both Kaye & me. Post on the forums letting everyone know I'd be out... I figured I'd be able to check up on email & chat a bit from my notebook on hotel connections, but really didn't plan on anything else...

So, of course, Uni gets dec'ed & I can't fly combat. Uni kicks serious ass & I can't fly combat. OPFOR can't stand the heat, so they get out of the kitchen, retracting the dec before my holiday is over. Bah!

On the bright side, we had a wonderful time in Chicago. The Adler Planetarium is a must see if you find yourself in the Windy City. We also had lunch at the Billy Goat Tavern (inspiration for the Saturday Night Live "Cheesboyger, cheesboyger, chips_no_fries, pepsi_no_coke" skit and dinner at Harry Carrey's (greatest tiramasu _ever_!)

Back home, back to work & back to mining tonight!

No comments: