Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stealth Bomber fun...

An impromptu free for all broke out last night at Planet 2. I'd been looking for an excuse to roll out my new Manticore, so I saddled up & off we went.

Not wanting to seem rude, I determined that I'd limit myself to 1 volley (1 EM, 1 Thermal, 1 Kinetic) so as to not pop any of the frigates. That 1 volley was almost too much a couple of times!

After a few minutes, another Uni Manticore showed up, so we ganged & started a series of drive by's on the larger ships.

From chat:

"Dee??? Where did you come from?"
"WTF!!"
"Ouch! Ouch!"
"Dee, where did you go?"

:)

Just a few thoughts:

- Manticore is paper thin.

- Script nerf hurts. Can't really fit any kind of EW, so you need to be ready to leave the scene if you get targeted.

- A co-ordinated short squad of six of these would be _really_ nasty.

- If you are going to fly Cov-Ops, being able to fly Stealth Bombers is only a short step.

No comments: